Serious FPS issues here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check to see if you can force WoW to DX8 mode or see if you can force your 5900 to DX9 mode.

Otherwise, go with a 6600GT or Vanilla 6800 as that card could be a bit of a bottleneck for your system. Nice timings btw, 1T?

Not sure what you mean by 1T, but the ram is 2 sticks of Patriot 1 gig ddr400 at about 130/piece on newegg. Just got it recently... I thought IT would be the fix to my problem...turns out its not. Helps a little, but still gets choppy in intense areas. Guess the 6800gt will have to be the fix...if not, I dunno wtf it is. I'd get that card I gave a link to in my first thread most likely, since I couldnt find any other 6800gts that fit an 8x/4x agp slot.

s37d said:
yeah I know my card doesnt suck, but I just cant pinpoint the problem area. Could it be heat issues slowing it down? My cpu is running fairly hot according to bios, think at about 65ºC.

wow thats twice as hot as mine, mine runs at a steady 35-40°C. :D

What about you internet connection? That could be lagging you or you could be on a dodgy server and just to correct people the 5900XT is a DX9 build, all fx series were built with dx9 in mind, the geforce 4 and radeon 9 were mainly direct x 8.1. that CINEFX engine v.2 is DX9, anything before Cinefx 2 that was DX8.1.

Look at the GF3 and GF4, they were nvidia's only 8.1 max

I'm on cable and I get good latency in-game, so thats not the issue. Beginning to think that the only solution would be a new card. Wonder how much I could sell this one for.

hey bro 6800gt is a bit to much for just world of warcraft, i mean if u want a video card that will easliy run that game and all the games out at almost highest setting go for a 6600gt or a 6800, unless u just want a killer video card like the 6800gt but hey its ur money

lol what? That sounds like a more opinionated reponse than factual. WoW is pretty demanding, I can run doom3 fine at max settings but not WoW. And how exactly does the 6800 differ from the 6800gt?

The 6800GT is much better it has a lot more options like, 128MB, 256MB, and 512MB GDDR3 memory interface. Plus the GT is PCI-E with duel DVI ports instead of one DVI and one VGA

The dvi ports im guessing is the strange looking white port, bigger than the vga. What are those meant to connect to? certain monitors have connections like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom