Selecting the right graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
29 AMPS.. not bad... and for what you want.. I think it would work. BUT... is your DELL case gonna fit it??

Good question. Never thought about that. Or if the hd 3850 will fit either.

My case is a standard mid-tower. I think it will fit. Mine's like 6.75 inches wide.

I actually just got the 2nd card you listed in your original post the MSI 8600GTS OC 256MB...I did a small upgrade to my computer and wanted the cheapest "decent" solution I could find..just gutted my rig and put in a DFI Mobo with PCI-E slot, entry level C2D, 4GB cheap RAM, DVD-RW drive..and I am quite impressed with the setup! I am playing Gears of War at 1280x1024 on a 22" LCD with everything on high..smooth as silk no lag at all. Cyrsis at 1024X768 with settings on high..runs good. I have the C2D/RAM/Video card all OC'd. Video card overclocked nicely..I also got it as an open box deal for like $102 or something..so even happier about it..hah..will hold me over until I have $300 to spend a higher end one.

I actually just got the 2nd card you listed in your original post the MSI 8600GTS OC 256MB...I did a small upgrade to my computer and wanted the cheapest "decent" solution I could find..just gutted my rig and put in a DFI Mobo with PCI-E slot, entry level C2D, 4GB cheap RAM, DVD-RW drive..and I am quite impressed with the setup! I am playing Gears of War at 1280x1024 on a 22" LCD with everything on high..smooth as silk no lag at all. Cyrsis at 1024X768 with settings on high..runs good. I have the C2D/RAM/Video card all OC'd. Video card overclocked nicely..I also got it as an open box deal for like $102 or something..so even happier about it..hah..will hold me over until I have $300 to spend a higher end one.

Nice, i just saw that open box deal as well. I will probably get that and the supply.

How loud is that fan on the msi 8600gts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom