Seeking Help About Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superwhammybar

Beta member
Okay, so I'm not very knowledgeable on the topic of my computer. I know that it's pretty decent as it can run my games well.

I'm wanting to upgrade it but I'm not sure what to upgrade first. It's been suggested I search for a new graphics card, but I've not had any suggestions of a good quality card which is affordable.

My specs are:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 7750 Dual-Core Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM (DDR2-SDRAM)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (Display Memory: 1905 MB)
Motherboard: Asus M3N78

Any help and advice is much appreciated :)

You could up your CPU a bit. I'm sure you can get like a quad core.

Definitely update that graphics card, Get like a XFX HD5770, or some NVIDIA equivalent.

More RAM won't do you any good, as you have a 32-bit OS, it only sees 3.5GB of the 4GB memory. That is your Graphic RAM as well.

What Make and Wattage is your PSU? You'd probably want to update that, too.

Not sure about the PSU, I'll take a look when I open it up. Thanks for the recommendation on the graphics card, do you recommend finding the NVIDIA equivalent or using the suggested one?

As a heads up, your board should beable to take an x6.

Looking at the nvidia compaitables, i'd stay with the ati 5770... proiblem is its 79quid.

At a lowish budget, for the parts you need, you'll either get 1 better part or 2 crappy ones.

I'll probably just upgrade one part well rather than upgrade 2 poorly :) Thanks for the help, I'll look into getting that graphics card :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom