security camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
im moving into a dorm in a few weeks, and am taking a lot of electronics. i was thinking of setting up a small security camera so if someone steals, id prob know em (theyd live in the dorms too prob). i want it to be as indetectable as possible, very discreet. any ideas?

Lol. Sketchy...

First off I am no expert on this type of thing, so this is just what I dug up.

Not exactly sure if I know what you mean but I think I do, also you may want to check with your university's regulations to make sure the use of private surveillance is allowed.

Do you mean something like this?
Newegg.com - Asante Voyager-1 1280 x 1024 MAX Resolution RJ45 Wireless 1.3 MP CMOS Day/ Night IP Security Camera

Its small, apparently does well enough at night, and should stream right to your computer (If you dedicated a 1tb hard drive or something to it you could record for a while ^_^)

I got a wireless network camera for about 140 bucks. Leave it recording at 320x240 res, not too high quality compression but enough to see the face still. I could leave that running for over a month and it wouldn't fill up a 1tb drive.
I also have it streaming live over the web in case I want to check it from anywhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom