Second Computer Build for my girlfriend and I

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiorath

Beta member
Hi guys, someone from Aionsource recommended me over here and told me that this is the definite place to go for feedback, they said you guys were awesome.

Okay, The past few weeks I have been putting together two solid Gaming Rigs together for my girlfriend and I.
I am looking for opinions on everything and what you would replace.

I will start with my Rig
--------------------

.MOBO:
ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

.VIDEO:SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X 100269VXL Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

.PSU:OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified

.CPU:Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor

.MEMORY:OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

.DISPLAY:ASUS VK246H 24in Widescreen LCD Monitor 2ms

.HARD DRIVE:
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

.WIRELESS:
D-Link WDA-1320 32-bit PCI Wireless G Desktop Adapter

.CHASSIS:Coolermaster HAF932 Full Tower

-----------
TOTAL AFTER SHIPPING/TAXES:1411.45 (After 20$ MIR)
Spending Limit: 1450.00 After Shipping/Taxes
-----------
Estimated Ordering date: June/July 2010​

Girlfriends Rig:

-----------

Please give input guys! I took awhile to put together this list here on the forums so feedback would be greatly appreciated!:)

I'd recommend either of these 4890's over the sapphire, This ASUS has a non standard voltage chip, probably the best cooling too Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4890/HTDI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

or

XFX life time warranty and its cheaper Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Haven't heard much about Rosewill PSU's, I'd probably just go with two of the OCZ 600w, they make average PSU pretty sure. Other then that it all looks good.

i think its a bit early to be planning out what parts you want to get for your rig. by mid year next year, there will surely be new parts for the same prices as the ones youve got picked out now, and the ones youve got listed right now will have decreased in price.

for your gf's rig, you could wait till october when you are ready to order, and then post back here. theres supposed to be quite a few new gpu's and cpu's being released around that time, so again, you could get better parts for the same price, or the same parts for a lower price. plus there will be combos at that time that you could take advantage of to save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom