Seagate SATA HDD help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Y

Solid State Member
Hi,
I've just got a seagate 250Gb SATA drive, plugged in the SATA cable from the hard drive to the motherboard and the internal power cable from the hard drive to an available power connector in the PC. Started up my machine and nothing was shown about the hardrive on the boot up screen. Tried going to the disk manager to format and partition the drive but it's not showing up. So I went to www.seagate.com/support and download diskwizard and downloaded the diskwizard for windows version. Tried it and it shuts down your PC whilst you put the drive in. Then when you start it back up it continues to install, only when it brings me to the select the drive that you wish to install screen the new hardrive isn't there? Only my current Maxtor 80Gb and my disk drive. So I run up my BIOS setup and made sure that the detect SATA devives option was set to enabled. Still nothing :eek: Then I decided to go to my motherboards site and download the RAID drivers to see if that worked. (BTW my mohterboard is an Asrock K8 upgrade 1689) But when I loaded up the RAID manager to create a RAID driver, still no HDD detected to select and creat the drivers for.
Anyone know where i've gone wrong or advise me on what to do?
Cheers;)

Is there anything that i'm doing wrong? if not i'll have to take the HDD back.
Cheers:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom