Screensaver won't turn on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygrullablue

Beta member
I bought a Toshiba laptop last week, and am having a couple of frustrating issues with it. One of them being, the screen saver will NOT kick in. I'm not sure if this has something to do with my power options or what. I have it set at always on, no hibernation...etc...

I have set up the screensaver, chosen what I'd like, set it to kick in 3 minutes after the computer is idle, and NOTHING. It will not kick in. Not had this issue before.

My other computers have Norton, this one has McAfee, I'm not sure if there is something with the virus software that won't let it ruN? Haven't a clue.

I also am not able to "keep" my Outlook Express configured. Everything is correct. It works, I can send, receive, whatever. But next time I connect to the internet, it's an error. Going to look back at the configurations, it changes on it's own. It's pop3, I have the correct stuff in there, and it will, on its own, switch to numbers. I'm finding this stuff quite frustrating.

The only way I can keep my mail coming in Outlook is to keep deleting my account and putting it in again. When I change it, Outlook Express will not start up, it then will not take my password. The issue is with my laptop, not the mail provider. Because I also have it set up on my desktop, for when I'm down there, and the desktop works just fine, I never have to reconfigure Outlook Express.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I can't believe I can't get a stupid screensaver to kick in....I've been thru the help on the computer, and printed out 100's of pages to have the manual to refer to. Nothing is helping me....

Thanks!
Angie

Are you using External Optical Mouse or Wireless Mouse? If yes, that might be the problem. Because if you are using a wireless mouse, it will continuously send and receive signal to the laptop that causes the screen saver to stop working.
-boiiboii

Thank you for the reply, yes, I am using a wireless mouse.

I will check it out and see if that's the problem. I feel like an idiot having to ask about something as basic as a screensaver....but I just don't know what the problem is!!

Angie

THANK YOU!!!

Unhooked the mouse, and the screensaver showed up!!!
Is there any way to fix that, or do I just need to keep unplugging my mouse?

Thanks, I really appreciate it!! Been pulling my hair out over here...
Angie

If I had known more, I would be more than happy to tell you.
someone more knowledgeable should help you out shorty

as for outlook express.... no idea. I cannot even get my own outlook to work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom