Screen and keyboard recomendations - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Screen and keyboard recomendations

I have been looking around for a exceptional computer forum to aid me in knowledge of computers. I think I found the right place.

Anyways, I am looking for a screen and im not sure where to start. What kind should i get plasma, LCD, CRT.

I will tell you what I need it for. Im not goign to give you a price range because it really depends on what there is and what will be suitable for me. But, overall you could say I would like a top of the line screen

Ok, I will need it for fast pass FPS'ers and other games, I'll need it for some movies, browsing.. w/e
So, I would like it to be good for gaming, and to have really good sharp quality with nice tone.

Where should i start looking and can anyone recomend me anything?

I also need a new keyboard. Since I spilt juice alof my good one I havebeen using a cruddy one. I need it to be able to have the ins, uparrow, sidearrow, ctrl, and shift all at once (which my old keyboard could do). I have a strange gaming button setup, dont ask. Anyways, a cool keyboard with mybe a backlight would be sweet, one with fast response, and good for gaming, typing i guess.
Where should I start looking for one, any recomendations?

Hopefully you can help me out, welcome me to the forum.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

anyone, help me out?

Old 01-21-2007, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

You didn't post a budget. We need a budget

I'll just say $300 for monitor, keyboard, mouse.

I highly recommend an LG LCD monitor. The extra price is worth it because they are very clear, and the warranty is the best of all brands (3 year SWAP).
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...ab=11&NoMapp=0

For a keyboard, I recommend the Microsoft PS2. I own the same one, and it is very durable and easy to type on. It's also pretty small for saving space.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...461049&CatId=0

I would recommend a Microsoft mouse as well, they really put up a fight and are easy to hold.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...435571&CatId=0
Old 01-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Ok thanks alot, I guess my price range for the screen would be 200 - 450. and for the keyboard ehh u dont need a price range.. how about an expensive one. That microsft on looks sufficiant but does anyone know of any spiffy ones? I read about my little problem where some keyboards cannot have more than like 4 specific keys pushed down at once, and some higher quality ones can. Does anyone knwo anything about that? And can anyone reccomend any other creens or keyboards, mybe a keyboard with a backlight for at night. I think im good for a mouse also, I have a pretty decent microsoft one. thanks
Old 01-21-2007, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hey I checked out that screen, Im looking for something a better. I think im gunan go all out. I hear the Mac cinema displays are the holy grail or computer screens? Is it true? Any other recomendatins?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hows this keyboard? good? bad?

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/eclispekey.htm
Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie

help?

Closed Thread