Sapphire HD 4870 1GB Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n3r4d3

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I was just wondering, what do you guys think of this graphics card? I saw in some forums it's "injury prone" and a RMA target

I want some opinion before i decide to get another card or stick with this one

Thanks!

Personally I tend to avoid all ATI cards in favor of nVidia ones on the grounds that I've always found the drivers from nVidia to be of a much higher standard.
I wonder if the reason ATI cards are cheaper is because they don't employ so many software engineers :D

Every ATI card that I have owned and worked with have been a breeze to deal with.. the 4870 1gb is a no exception. What kind of set up are you planning to put it in?

I have not personally encountered anyone who has had a major issue with any of the 4000 series.

I have. Some people encounter a ton of issues with ATi and nVidia. Some times it is the user's fault not the product- sometimes the opposite.

Personally I tend to avoid all ATI cards in favor of nVidia ones on the grounds that I've always found the drivers from nVidia to be of a much higher standard.
I wonder if the reason ATI cards are cheaper is because they don't employ so many software engineers :D

I have found that to only be true on some of the older cards, mostly the HD 2900's though.

But I think the HD 4800's have really given nVIdia a run for their money (literally), they've forced them to price stuff more competively in order to stay in the game. They were planning on charging $300 and something for a GTX 260 originally until the HD 4870 came out and $500 for a GTX 280 and finally $200 for a 9800GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom