Safely Remove... Hard Drives??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrghost

Solid State Member
I installed a new hard drive and now there is a constant taskbar icon for "Safely Remove Hardware". It lists my hard drive (both partitions on it). It's an internal hard drive that I will NEVER remove. For some reason, it also lists my C drive as being removeable! (which of course doesn't make any sense, it's like trying to delete the WINDOWS file while running Windows...)

safelyremoveeverythingqd9.jpg

Not only does it clutter space in the task bar, I use USB flash drives ALOT, and I'm afraid I'm accidentally going to "remove" the hard drive when I'm working quickly - which of course will lead to further annoyance.

How do I get the computer to stop thinking the hard drives can be removed and get rid of their icons? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Its probably because you have sata hard drives, which are hot-swappable. The only way i know of to get rid of it is just to turn off the icon by right-clicking on the task bar -> properties->and customize icons to hide. Also, I've never "safely removed" a flash drive and i use them all the time. I don't think it really will do anything if you just pull it out of the computer, as long as its done writing files.

Yes I have Sata drives.

I tried "hide inactive icons", but it didn't do anything.

Hmm... I always thought you had to "safely remove" USB drives...
Just pulling them out won't harm anything?

Anyone else have any ideas?

Well then, that's cool.

So.... can I do anything about these hard drives? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom