Safe volts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
I have a black edition AMD 5000+ that i had problem OCing with vista so i put XP and it seems to be working, i have X15 3000ghz with 212 CPU freq with 0.200V but what is the safe volts to have.. and could i push this to 3.2? and volts would i need

EDIT: also in BIOS under clocking the Volts go from like 0.25 0.75 0.100 and up... they don't have like 1.4v like others have said...

if i go back to 2.6ghz which is x13 my volts are 1.31... so if i wanna go 3.2 what volts should i use, and by the way i did x16 3200ghz with cpu freq at 212 and rebooted and got a warning into safe mode to i change everything back and im running fine... but it wouldnt let me do 3.2

All cpu's are different. Just up the HTT freq until it's not stable then go back and bump up the voltage and check for stability again. Are you checking w/ prime95? You should check around and research and see where everyone has their vcore at w/ ocing to 3.2 on the BE. That way you know where to start off.

well, i decide just to run 3ghz, CPU freq is at 212 with 15x3000ghz and added 0.100V so i'm at 1.41V is that too much

wasn't stable at all, but i heard people doing 3.0 with no problem at all, i shouldnt need that much volts

Like I said Cpu's are all different. No two are alike. I've seen my cpu do 3.8-4.0 ghz but I can only get it to 3.4 w/ vcore around 1.6. Thats how the cookie crumbles.

weird with the CPU freq at 200*Stock* and with 1.39V i can run 3.01ghz stable... weird thought i could bring CPU freq up alittle without it being unstable apparently not :(

I run mine at 3.0ghz with 15x mutli and 1.375 voltage. I can go higher, but it takes too much voltage and i dont like the temps, i only go higher for benches. Plus the fps increase in games and every performance is minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom