S-Video Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
For my Media Center and i have chosen my CPU, Motherboard, Ram, Tv Tuner, HDD, and everything (Except Graphics Card) and i have even ordered the CPU and Motherboard but a HTPC is useless unless you can output onto a TV. My TV is an NEC 59cm and has 3 Composite inputs and 1 S-Video input. Im guessing a S-Video input would be the best as it is direct from the Graphics Card to the TV without any conversion, is that true?

What is a appropriate graphics card that can handle showing DVD's, recorded TV, live TV, and DIVX movies to a TV and has S-Video output.

I really need a Graphics card that will do a good steady output to S-Video, i dont know which manufacturer does it best, ATI or Nvidia. Im planning to buy 2nd hand and i dont want to spend much.

Wayne

How much do you want to spend ? Are you going to be playing any graphic intense games with this card ?

There are a bunch of lowend cards that support the S video (out).
You can spend less than $100 easily.

I'm guessing something just like a 6200 with S-Video out would work fine. I would really try to get one with DVI out as well just in case you move to a HD TV.

Newegg doesnt ship to Australia. Im looking to spend arond $30 AUD Second hand.

well most 9200se and 5200's have DVI and S-Video, does Nvidia or ATI do a better output through S-Video?

And how will i convert my Audio. From a regular port to the big Red and White cables for the TV?

I have no idea if ATI or nVidia have better S-Video through put, I would doubt there's much of a difference.

As far as audio, if you just want to connect to standard stero jacks (the red and white plugs), it will must likely take a mini jack to (red and white) cable. They're common and easy to find.

wayne, I've done this before. I have an s-video output and it just plum sucks. It should be a clear picture too because I have a high quality tv. I was hugely disappointed. I wouldn't go making plans around anything like that.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom