rule of thumb, kind of

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
if this is even remotely possible. as a general rule of thumb, will a larger (than my micro atx) factory case have mounting holes for a micro atx motherboard? its a HP (8100, 8200, maybe 8300 series) chassis, but i am not sure if its a full sized atx case or not. one person said yes it is, the other thought it was not quite that large. all i know is it is a lot bigger than my micro case. which is working ok, but its a pain to do anything inside of it. i can get it for $10.00, so that is a no brainer. but making holes and stand offs for my motherboard doesn't excite me very much.

hmmmmm. i will have to look very carefully at that area before i buy it. i have a dead computer here that uses a standard psu. for the little bit of effort it takes to remove, i can take that with me as well. it would be so much easier just to buy a new case. problem is the only ones i have found that i really like are well over $100.00. and the one i really want ( Deepcool TriStellar SW SPCC + Toughened glass (Panel thickness: 0.6mm; Cabin Cover thickness: 2mm) Computer Case ATX PS2 (not included) Power Supply - Newegg.com ) is crazy priced. whats the old saying, champagne tastes, beer bottle pockets.

i looked at both of the models. they are black boxes. no styling ques. if i buy something (new) i have to like it. if its hidden away in a closet, like a water heater or a furnace. then it doesn't matter much. but if i have to look at it a dozen times a day, it has to have some appeal. i had to paint my current computer. it was ugly grey. at least HP had enough sense to make it two toned. but it was still pretty sad.

As somebody who has a lot of HP computers I work with on a daily basis, I wouldn't say they have styling at all or look good for that matter. They're plain black boxes that are made just to get a job done. If money is an issue I don't think one could be too picky about form over function.

yes,, that case is plain black, and has all the style of a brick. if i buy it, i will have to do something to help it out. i have a ton of paint around here, so a 2 tone paint scheme will help it some. but there is only so much you can do with a box.

yes,, that case is plain black, and has all the style of a brick. if i buy it, i will have to do something to help it out. i have a ton of paint around here, so a 2 tone paint scheme will help it some. but there is only so much you can do with a box.

There's quite a bit you can do with a box :p. Just look at all the case modders and case modding businesses haha.

Back
Top Bottom