Round cable length?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjac

Baseband Member
For all of you using a mid-sized tower what length is your round cables? These things come in so many different lengths. I don't want to get some that are so long that I have to wire tie them out of the way, don't want them to short either. I would like to order them at the same time I order the rest of my stuff. Where did most of you order your cables from?
Thanks

I bought an 18" cable for my microATX tower and it worked fine, but for only my top dvd drive. I wanted to use the slave port to but it wouldn't reach because it was in the midle. I bought a 24" ide round later and i was able to fit both drives on my mATX case. IT also depends on your layout though. MY mobo has the ide slots toward the bottom on the bottom of the case so it has to go across the case to plugin. I'd say go with 24" or if your slots are close to the bottom of ypur case like mine go wiht bigger than that.

How reliable are these round cables??? I have heard that they crap out more frequently than the flat cables. Also I was curious how well the PSU wire casing they make actually compresses/cleans up PSU wires so that they don't look so cluttered?

never had a problem with either round or flat ribbon cable. Round cables look nicer, you can get them in any color, range from 2-4 bucks, and easier to work with. Alot of motherboard manufaturers are starting to include round cables as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom