RevoDrive SSD on an Asus Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cafem

Baseband Member
I was looking into upgrading to an SSD when someone pointed me in the direction of OCZ RevoDrive, and SSD over PCI-E. While I am keen to dive right in and get myself one now, I read that the motherboard has to be compliant with bootlogging over PCI-E.
I am not on my home computer at present, and I can't seem to access the specifications on ASUS's website, so would anyone know if I'd be able to use said item (OCZ RevoDrive PCI-Express SSD OCZ Technology) on an ASUS P5Q PRO TURBO, Socket LGA 775?

Thanks

The RevoDrive uses a PCI-E x4 slot. Your ASUS P5Q PRO TURBO has x16, x1, and regular PCI slots' it does not have a x4. I'm in the same boat so at least you have some company.

Ouch, oh dear.

Didnt think I'd have to think about upgrading quite so soon. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Ehrm, I have an Asus P5Q PRO Turbo as well.
And it has 2 x16 slots: one blue @ 16x link, and one black @ 8x link (refer to your manual on page 2-20).

So that actually means that if only your blue slot is occupied by a GFX card, you will have a 8x slot available for the revodrive. The slot is compatible with x4.

Also check the following link for confirmation:
OCZ RevoDrive X2 & ASUS P5E Deluxe

Ehrm, I have an Asus P5Q PRO Turbo as well.
And it has 2 x16 slots: one blue @ 16x link, and one black @ 8x link (refer to your manual on page 2-20).

So that actually means that if only your blue slot is occupied by a GFX card, you will have a 8x slot available for the revodrive. The slot is compatible with x4.

Also check the following link for confirmation:
OCZ RevoDrive X2 & ASUS P5E Deluxe

You're right. I had looked into this and found out the same but forgot to come back and post it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom