Returns to Newegg (vid card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asudmr

Solid State Member
I just purchased parts for my first build and after running it by this forum (and reading various vid card threads) the one thing people said that should be upgraded is the video card. So before i start putting everything together i've been thinking of returning it and getting a better one. Basically this is my first time doing this and using newegg and was wondering if this is easy to do. the return policy says no refunds and 30 limited return for replacement. now when it says return or replacement for the same item that just means a vid card in general right? or will they not let me exchange it for a more expensive one? thx in advance

With that particular return policy you cannot do a return, it's really only for if the card is defective and they'll give you a replacement. Since you want to upgrade you might be able to email their customer support and ask if they'll help you out but it's up to them since it's outside of the return policy.

What video card did you get?

EVGA 512-P2-N757-TR GeForce 8600 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported VC

I like playing PC games but i wouldn't say i'm a huge gamer or anything. Then again this computer i have right now is brutal when it comes to playing games so i don't even really bother on it. Will the card i have work for lets say moderate gaming at most? Or should i see if they'll let me exchange it for a better one?

I don't think they let you return it. As for same item, it means same item. Same model number and all.

You can probably return it if it is unopened, but i know there is a 15% restocking fee. Plus you have to pay return shipping.

ok, thanks for the input from everyone. i just talked to a rep online and he said i can return it. he didn't mention the 15% fee but i have an account with them so i'm sure it will appear on there and that's fine. I don't need to go balls out with a new card but like i said from just reading a bunch of different opinions on cards it seemed that that card was not up to par with some others that are not too much more in price at all. i'm sure its been asked a million times but what are some suggestions? Is the 8800 GS Superclocked a suitable replacement? like i said i'm not a big gamer but i do enjoy playing and really i just want a better fit and something that is a little less dated. any input is much appreciated

The 8800gs is a nice card. I have the non overclocked version and am extremely happy with it. It will run Crysis dx10 at 1024x768 with all settings on high except for shadows at ~30 fps and will max out older games like bf2 at 1280x1024 with 4xAA and great fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom