Return of the 650.00 Gaming Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random Question: If I'm not immediately planning on overclocking my CPU, is thermal paste still necessary?

there will be some pre-applied thermal paste on the stock heatsink.

some aftermarket heatsinks come with some pre-applied too, but when you buy an aftermarket heatsink you should buy some separate thermal paste too, so you have some left over.

So, I think I'm about to take the plunge and finally purchase the parts here... I downloaded the manual for the mobo and was reading through it, and saw that the motherboard has both 4x4 atx power and a 2x20 plug. My assumption is that you would plug the powersupply into all aforementioned jacks, is that correct?
Yet another question: I'm a little nervous about configuring the bios... After I get everything put together and installed, will the computer run on the default settings or is it a given that things will need tweaked in order for the computer to come on at all?

yes, you need to connect the 8pin (4+4) and 24pin (20+4).

for the comp to turn on at all? you shouldnt need to change anything in the bios.

I've got the computer put together and its working wonderfully. Thanks for all your help Muffin Man, I never could have done it nearly so well without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom