Replacing Dells Processer

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
I have a dell from 2003 with a 1.8ghz pentium 4, and i was wondering, if its possible to upgrade to a say 3.2ghz processor without having to reboot my PC, basically so i can slap it in, and be back to my pc as it was before without doing anything else?

"reboot"? I think you mean "reinstall", as in Windows.

You should be able to.

Depends on the motherboard.
Like if you are looking at one of the current LGA775 CPUs, then forget about it.

i really have no clue what mo-bo it has. im not all fresh on all these differen pc products. If you guys would be kind enough to help me i have a dell dimension 4500s

You have a socket 478 motherboard. Make sure that you buy the right kind of CPU. The LGA775s will not fit in your motherboard.

yeah. you need to find out what socket your mobo is, and then you can choose what processor to get

could you link me to a cheap, yet good processor that would fit my motherboard? and could someone explain the process of installing a new one? do you just pop it in and thats it?

could you link me to a cheap, yet good processor that would fit my motherboard? and could someone explain the process of installing a new one? do you just pop it in and thats it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom