Replacing Dell XPS 420

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadra1324

Solid State Member
I have a Dell XPS 420 with all the stuff that comes with it except I put in a Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX graphics card. I'd like to build/buy a new computer for gaming for $600 or less if that's possible.

I need a new monitor and Windows 7 as well but if the monitor brings it past $600 then don't worry about it.

Thanks so much, Adam.

edit: I'm running games like WoW, SC2, LoL. Nothing I can't already run on Ultra settings but I'd still like better.

Please wait 24 hours before bumping, we'll get to it.

If you need a new Screen and Windows 7, that bogs it down to $400 at least. That's not good enough to play games at that level.

Sorry. Won't happen again. How about no Windows 7 or Monitor? Still $600 budget. Could I get something better then my XPS?

depends, are you willing to purchase parts and assemble them yourself?

but I really see no point of upgrading if your current computer runs everything at highest settings already.

Yes I'm not sure exactly how to assemble it but it doesn't seem hard. But because isn't my computer pretty low-end right now?

Well it may be low-end but, if what you are using it for currently runs on high or ultra and you aren't wanting to play any new games currently, why would you build a new computer. If you want a new computer, you may want to wait until you can put some more funds into and build something really worth your money. If you were wanting to play something now that you can't then I would see a reason, but if you are going to just keep playing the same games, why waste your money now.

I would keep your current computer and save up more money and build one in a couple months.

Just me but that is what I would DO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom