Replacement Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends, IMO the difference between NVIDIA and ATI cards at the moment is performance vs output,

As i see it when you go buy stats, rendering wise NVIDIA cards have a better picture quality however ATI cards are faster at rendering.
Im not a graphics card officiando though so its just as i see it, I personally went for performance as the human eye has limitations. Also depends how much you wanna spend ;)
Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P3-1469-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card this one is apparently a lesser series to the 570 you originally had, but with some higher values.

If you look for a decent card you can find some good benchmark testing at toms hardware Performance Charts Graphics Cards - Benchmark

Its crazy how many different variants there are of the gtx570. EVGA alone has 11 different models! I think as long as you go with a superclocked version with a decent heat sink you cant go wrong. Nothing worse then buying a reference card to find out its an overclocking dud. Being a personal fan of EVGA I would suggest the classified version of the 570, but most the evga cards seem to be out of stock.

They have different coolers and clock speeds. The super clocked versions have an extra 50-70 core mhz. The gibabyte card near the end has the highest clock speeds @ 845, but the reviews arent too kind

Is there any real difference in these same cards for different prices

in quality usually no lol, or not a difference that you could discern with your pitiful human ocular organs ;) lol, but naturally you want to get the best one for the money you aim to spend and there can be some differences but 90% of the time they jack up the price by 50 or something just for an extra 100mhz on the clock.

and higher money cards feature the latest tech, which you want to make sure you get, such as opengl and pixel shader. quite a few older games now cant run on some older cards as they updated the api on the games to pixelshader 2.0 from like 1, and it cut out quite a few older PCs.

if my rambling makes sense but usually no i cant tell the difference in quality, its always speed

Don't buy a Superclocked card, it's a waste of money. I've bought dozens of cards in the past 15-20 years and in my observations the Superclocked cards tend to die sooner and the Majority of stock speed cards will overclock just as high as the Superclocked. The only time I would buy a Superclocked card would be because it was on sale at a stock speed card price.

Also, is it fairly simple to over/super clock the cards myself instead of paying the companies more money to do it themselves?
Second also, is there a difference between over and super clock?
Edited in third also, what is the difference between these two? Same price, one is "fermi," very confused

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130684

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130621

I'm thinking the first one on this list, becuase it has higher core and shader clock, and also has a rebate on it.

But, for "DVI" is better for 1 x DVI-I / 1 x DVI-D or 2 DVI?

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

@ regret, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

I would go with this card as it has a Lifetime Warranty. On EVGA cards the Lifetime Warranty is signified by the -AR at the end of the part number.

Newegg.com - EVGA 012-P3-1571-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom