replace mobo, now no boot, any suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christop4

Beta member
I replaced a dead soyo mobo with a Nforce3-a mobo, computer post up but cannot get windows vista to start, I tried doing repair with original CD. and HD is recognized in cmos, any suggestions?

Hello,

What you'll probably need to do (and the best thing to do) is to re-install Windows, since you've got a new motherboard.

NB: Would have been better to post this in the 'Hardware Troubleshooting' or 'Windows Operating System and Software' forum.

NB: Would have been better to post this in the 'Hardware Troubleshooting' or 'Windows Operating System and Software' forum.

Agreed he is a noob and is a first post so letting it slide this time.....

Just make sure that you look around for the right section

.........ALSO WELCOME TO T.F

Moved this to where it belongs.

Alvin is correct. while you could skate with XP changing mobos (sometimes, if you knew what you were doing), Vista is not as forgiving. You will have to reinstall.

If you have data you can't afford to lose, you need to put your hard drive in another computer as a slave and copy off what you need to save. That, or use a different hard drive to install Vista on, and use this drive as a slave. This is all assuming you don't have separate data partitions, but in looking at you problem I seriously doubt that you would.

thanks for the suggestion, I suspected re installing was the answer and you confirmed it, not really impressed with vista, this will be a good excuse to go back to xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom