removing heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
hey whats the best way to remove a heatsink from a cpu? i heard that its good to let the cpu run on max so that the thermal stuff is hot enough to be soft.. anyways.. if that is the best way, what program and for how long do i run it? i've heard some horror stories like the cpu coming off completely and getting bent pins etc.. so ya.. tips, etc! i may have 1600 posts, but i'm still a noob :D

SiSandra has a tool that pushes your computer to the limit to see how it's handled, why dont you try that >_>

ah ok.. so would that be a good program to use to help remove the heatshink?

or umm.. thats not what i meant to say.. i meant to say is that the right way to go about it?

Isn't it risky to take ur hsf off when the cpu is still so hot? I guess not, as ur one of the best overclockers nitestick... (that I know of)

Charlie-

i've been trying for 2 days to get the heatsink off my cpu, lol.. no luck whatsoever!! how the **** do you do it?!?! i've tried everything... i've tried heating the cpu right before removing it by running prime 95 for a couple of hours.. i tried twisting it and stuff... but that black thing at the bottom doesn't give you much room... i'm hope i'm not making some huge mistake...

there's just that one black clip that you raise.. then i just go at the heatsink! there's that 'safety hook' at the top.. do i have to worrk about that? so ya.. no luck... if all else fails.. i'll call up my friend.. he does this crap a million times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom