Removing cap/jumper on Seagate 250gb HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

This is the HD No IDE, not an ULTA-SATA just a regular one.

The motherboard I got came with two Serial ATA cables, I am going to check it out now I don't see why it wouldn't fit!

On a side note, man the SIGMA LUNA case is SUCH A P.I.T.A to install a hard drive. Literally spent 20 minutes lining up the **** hole to lock it into place. Optical drive was simple, took 2 minutes. Hopefully I didn't bang up my HD too much, it was SUCH A TIGHT FIT going into this case I literally had to jiggle it back and forth and up and down.....

LOL oh man I am sorry guys I am an idiot.

It fit right in lol I was looking at it the wrong way, SATA cable is connected to mobo and hd, now hooking up power.

this is it for me, after i have it in I am going to connect everything up and hopefully she will power up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can either use sata power if your psu has it or 4pin molex

Not all sata drives see the usual four wire plug used on ide drives for power. Here's a look at a recent Sata II model showing the lack of that type of power connection.

KennyD The drive there will fit into any standard 3 1/2" drive bay or cage. You should see that partitioned first the way you want it to then be able to put Windows(or whatever OS you want) on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom