Remote controlled lazer LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.

tleong9794

Beta member
I have a 430W Thermaltake power supply pushing a very-very-very old socket A motherboard with a prehistoric AMD 1.6 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM and a grandfather ATI video card. With the exception of the video card, it's basically the untouched board that came out of a Compaq dating back to about July 2000 (ROUGHLY). I recently bought 2 Logisys Jumbo Multicolor Lazer LED's and a Logisys Remote Control Molex Connector Kit among a number of other cathodes. I am trying to get the wiring right to where the remote can turn the lazer LED's on and off. When I splice the remote wires into the cathodes and they work perfectly. However when I try to connect the same remote to the lazer LED's, pushing the ON button causes the entire machine to shut down. I've also tried another Thermaltake 550W power supply and it does the exact same thing. This is only my second build and I don't know a lot about computer modding. I don't know what the problem is, but if someone could enlighten me with some instructions on how to get this remote to control these lazer LED's, I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom