Refurbished Dell Desktop Towere System..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Hellow,

Been looking around Online and Found this from a Surplyer in the UK.

Dell Optiplex GX520 SFF / Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz / 1GB / 40GB / DVD-CDRW / Windows XP / Desktop PC - Desktop PCs Computing at Play.com (UK)

Was thinking about hooking it up to me 22" Flat Screen via VGA, and lets say for the sake of Argument running me Secondery tasks on it, like Burning, Downloading, Browseing the Web, and Mabie Installing a Second OS like Linus Ubuntu..

What would a do about the XP OS and haveing it Talking threw the Router via Ethernet with 7 Home Premium.. Would that be Down to the "Home Group."

With a Good 8 USB Ports a can run me Hard Drives off it, but Ideally what a want to do is flick between the two OS, XP Home and 7 Premium threw the Laptop as a Main PC..

What do you Gyes think??

Chears..

Win 7 and XP computers can be networked together but you need to use the Workgroup networking scheme. Only Win 7 computers can join a Homegroup.

:big_smile:

Gonna bye it next week, should be Deliverd within 5 Days.. Was looking at the Delivery Times.. Al post on here if a have Trouble Networking them.. Wich a probs will since av never networked a Xp Michine and 7 Home Premium.. Its only gonna be sitting under the Desk, but want it running on Ethernet..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom