Reflashed Bios ... blue screen?!

Shypht

Beta member
I recently had an MSI FM2-A55M-E33 motherboard running Vista 32 bit upgrade on an XP base, The motherboard wouldn't reboot, due to no power getting to the video and ethernet side of the motherboard. Each time I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get power to that side of the motherboard. But after awhile it would work and boot up just fine. I reflashed the Bios, to see if that would help. Now it boots up just fine, But every time I try to go into Windows it blue screens, recycles and shows the system recovery options, ie last known good configuration. The blue screen goes by so fast I can not read the error message. I tried using the repair options on the Vista disk but that did not work. Any Ideas? I'm at a loss because this is an XP base with a Vista upgrade and it will not let me run the XP disk at all. ( With the Bios upgrade, did it flash it so I can only use it with the Windows 7 or 8?) My hard drives are fine, they were working right before I flashed the Bios.

First of all,

Welcome to Tech-Forums!!!

While booting up try tapping F8. This will get you to a menu where you can try safe mode if you haven't done so already. Also in that same menu you can select "Disable Automatic Restart On System Failure". That way when the blue screen happens, it will pause at the blue screen and you should be able to read the error message.

When you flashed you bios, it went back to it's defaults, which is set for ACHI mode
Try setting the bios to IDE mode and see if it'll boot up.
Settings>Intergrated Peripherals>Sata Mode
Change from ACHI to IDE

If you want (and should) use ACHI. Because you have XP, you'll need to down load the drivers for ACHI from MSI and use the F6 option to install the driver before windows installs
XP does not have ACHI drivers...but Vista, Windows 7 and 8x do. Just reinstall your vista operating system and you should be good in ACHI mode and skip the XP stuff...it's useless today anyway

Last edited:
The ACHI drivers were the problem!!!! Unfortunately I had to wipe that drive because it was also corrupted but that was what was holding me up. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom