Originally posted by reggie_da_man
I'd PC3200 ram. Actually the one you posted is good, but I would get some corsair value select and save a few bucks and upgrade the graphics card to a 6800gs. DON't get PC2100, the minimum is PC2700 to have it a 1:1. The reason I said PC3200 is for future upgradeability.
I always try to save money, but don't ever buy "Value" ram. This is not the place to save money. Value RAM is not always reliable.
I would also recommend getting 2GHz. That is the max for you mobo and it will give you better odds of reaching your goal.
Crucial memory is very good. Go to their site and use their "Crucial Memory Advisor" Tool.
- COOLER MASTER Wave Master TAC-T01-E1C Silver Case
- DFI LanpartyUT nF4 Ultra-D (BIOS = latest)
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz HT 2 x 1MB L2 Cache
- OCZ 2GB (2 X 1024) DDR (500) PC-4000 EL Gold Gamer Ext. XTC (OCZ5002048ELGEGXT-K)
- OCZ PowerStream OCZ520ADJSLI ATX, BTX, EPS12V 520W
- XFX Geforce 7900 GTX 512MB (665/1630)
- HITACHI Deskstar 7K80 80GB 3.5\" SATA 3.0Gb/s x 2 (RAID)