Recommend a Laptop
I plan to buy a latop here soon for college. I want it to be mobile, but have enough power to run demanding programs like Photoshop CS2, Macormedia MX series, and some audio/video editting programs.
- I don't have to have a widescreen, but I do want a large one (15"+)
- Obviously the Intel Duos are amazing, I hear good stuff about the Turion too.
- At least 1GB of RAM
- Not so sure about what video card, no preference really
- I'd like to squeeze as much battery life out as possible but not have to completely slow the computer down to a crawl running these processes
- The current laptop I have weighs about 7lbs and I don't have much problem carrying it around, but obviously lighter is better.
I've looked around Newegg, and it seems like Toshiba and/or Sony have what I need. Any other brand suggestions or maybe a specific laptop model?
Case: LIAN LI PC-A70B
Mobo: Gigabyte P35-DS3R
CPU: Intel Q6600 g0 @ 3.0GHz
HSF: Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
RAM: 4GB G.SKILL @ 4-4-4-12
VCard: EVGA 8800GTS G92 @ 700/1000
HDDs: 2x 750GB & 250GB
Optical: Sony NEC SATA DVD Burner
PSU: Silverstone 750W Modular