Recommend a gfx card for me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its recommended you get a 2900GT
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100213 Radeon HD 2900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - OEM

DX10 its performance is better than 7900GS. Your new PSU will work with ti as well.

As for overclocking, theres a lot of software that you can overclock in windows and it will work on dells. I read though that many users that use the software on dells will stop overclocking at 3ghz but is enough for you anyway.

Just google recommended overclocking software and you should be able to find something good.

yes, i've been doing research on overclocking my CPU. I heard of software that lets you overclock directly from your desktop if you have a pre-built computer with locked settings. I'm going to be doing more research on that. The other option is to upgrade my other computer, which is a Intel 2.4GHz P4. Would it still bottleneck on that computer?

Well, the reason I wanted 7900GS is because i heard it overclocks really well. The 2900GT costs $60 more than the 7900GS, which is like 50% more the price. Unless it really has 50% more the performance, I'm going to stick with the 7900GS. I don't really care about getting DX10; there aren't really that many extra features compared to DX9.

yes, i've been doing research on overclocking my CPU. I heard of software that lets you overclock directly from your desktop if you have a pre-built computer with locked settings. I'm going to be doing more research on that. The other option is to upgrade my other computer, which is a Intel 2.4GHz P4. Would it still bottleneck on that computer?

Well, the reason I wanted 7900GS is because i heard it overclocks really well. The 2900GT costs $60 more than the 7900GS, which is like 50% more the price. Unless it really has 50% more the performance, I'm going to stick with the 7900GS. I don't really care about getting DX10; there aren't really that many extra features compared to DX9.

2.4ghz p4 is even worse.

As for videocard, if you dont care about Dx10 then go with 7900GS. Both cards are great overclockers and youll proberly end up with same oced performance in the end as well.

yeah that was something else i was wondering. Do i have to get a special PSU just so it'll fit in my slim tower? But anyways, why would my system only be able to use low profile graphics cards? whateverr.. to late i alreayd ordered the 7900. I just need to get a PSU now. I did some looking around, couldn't really find a PSU that was different than usual so that it'll fit in a slim tower.

I thought your system might only be able to use low profile graphics cards because all of the dedicated graphics cards dell offers with the Vostro 200 slim towers are low profile.

too late anyways i already ordered...
i don't see any reason that it can't handle a normal gfx card, but can anyone else offer some insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom