Real quick question regarding upgrading ram :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaotikvizion

Baseband Member
If I upgrade from 512 MB to 1 GB will I notice a diffference? and if so where? IE? word processing? or just generally. I am running a plain 2 year old emachines :( I know, I know... Im planning on a build Ive talked about on the forum in the near future :) But just want this one to run a lil faster and smoother for everyday surfing thats all for now thanks in advance :)

yeah I checked the docs on the comp & it said it can handle 2 gigs :big_grin:

eMachines Official Site - - W3619 Product Details
my computer, I bought a PNY 1 GB from best buy but dont really notice a difference. dont get me wrong i dont expect it to be like BAM! NOW IM A GAMING PC! But I did expect a difference when getting on the internet or looking at pics on my computer. I mean I think I notice a diff. but I dont know if its just a placebo effect. if I put 2 gigs should I notice a difference? is there anything I can do to this POS to make it a lil bit easier to enjoy until my build? ALSO on my comp it says its a 32 bit cpu but EVERYWHEREELSE (internet) it says 64 bit...WTF!?

You have a 64bit cpu but are running a 32 bit OS. 2gb of ram is nice for Vista but did you leave the 512 in as well for a total of 1.5gb?

AHHHH! That makes sense :thumbsup: thank you I was going:crazy: No I took the 512 out should I keep it in? I never heard of someone running it like that so didnt know if that was possible...so... IS IT?:big_smile:

Yes. If they are the same speed it would be just fine. If the 512 is slower than the 1gb would run at that speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom