Is this for real??

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
I was browsing the website of a local pc store in my area (montreal) and i came across this cpu,

https://www.shoplci.com/details_en.asp?prodid=CPU-AMD-MSE-2600

now what i want to know is, is this deal a typo because thats a pretty damn good deal, and if it isin't, is it possible to put this cpu on a desktop computer, i know you can do that with the athlon XP's but i want to know if i can do it on this system.

Sempron's suck. If you are going to plan to do gaming, and high demanding application's, than you will spend countless hour's being frustrated with Sempron's.

Arumuni said:
Sempron's suck. If you are going to plan to do gaming, and high demanding application's, than you will spend countless hour's being frustrated with Sempron's.

They aren't THAT bad, better than Celeron's...

I know they suck for gaming, but they aren't that horrible. I could build a couple systems with them maybe get like $300 canadian for the system but what i wan't to know is can you put a mobile cpu like this on a desktop?

I don't think so, but someone may correct me on that. Still I would try looking into some other processor just in case I am right.

Why not just go with a Venice core Athlon 64 3000+? They're not that expensive, they overclock very well, and they'd be a lot better than Semprons. At ewiz, they're selling them OEM for about $120, I believe.

i am building an athlon 64 3200+ venice with the DFI lan-party ultra board and a 6800 or 6800 GT (evga) with some platnium ocz ram and overclockin like mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom