Re Upgrading a DELL Inspiron 530s

Status
Not open for further replies.

calibra

Beta member
Hi
I have built and upgraded several PC`s in my time, but have not had any experience of DELL PC`s as I ubnderstand they are built `compact`
I want to upgrade my Dell 530s. It is to be used mainly for browser ( Facebook games) and simple gaming at the moment, but if I could upgrade for mid range gaming that would be great.
I am told that this 32 bit PC will not recognise the full 4GB if this was upgraded from the current 2Gb.

I have looked at a few Graphic cards, but there is also the concern over power supply ( Is the PSU standard ??)
As regards the CPU I don`t have any idea of an upgrade path.
My concern is it still needs to be `balanced` as obviously if the CPU is at 100% all the time, the Graphic card upgrade would have little effect

Thanks

Calibra

P.S. I wondered if there were a program I could run which would assist in what upgrade options I could/shoul take

CPU-Z is great for getting detailed system specs (link) so you know what you can upgrade.

As to CPU/GPU strain I'm not sure of the best program for that.
I will run MSI Afterburner in the background wish will chart my GPU usage, but for CPU my keyboard shows me that.
I believe the 530s has a 250W power supply though, so your video card upgrades are going to be very limited.

How much were you planning to spend on new parts?
It may just be worth it to take that budget, sell your Dell, and buy a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom