Re:Question everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerGamer05

Solid State Member
Re:Question everyone

My friend just got a PC for school. The thing is, he doesnt know anything about computers(what to upgrade, etc) Any suggestions, etc? What videocards are the best, and the like. I have made suggestions to him, but he wants more, as well. Thanks.

Could you describe the computer......... Its hard to advise on what to get if we know absolutely nothing about it.

Tell him to buy a new one. That thing is like 15-20 years old. You wont really be able to find parts for it, except for at a place like ebay.

He definitely needs a brand new computer, way out of date.
Ask him how much he is willing to spend to get another computer.

hello, again

Yeah, Ill have to ask him. Guess i could look at the computer specs a bit more, as well. But 15 to 20 years old? I highly doubt that. The net wasnt really around then, and remember its running windows 98

From my estimation, it's about 10-15 years old. I had an old 133mhz system with abit more ram. It was able run windows 2000. Got it around 1996-97.

not really. Everything about it is outdated. The motherboard has nothing but outdated sockets and slots. The way it communicates is terribly inefficient. It's not salvagable as a windows xp machine.

Ryan

Not worth the money and the time to try to upgard a manchine like that (i remeber haveing the internet useing windows 95 AOL!!!) but in the long run get a better computer..hope he didn't pay for that old pc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom