RDRAM Unsupported???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFacti0n

Solid State Member
Well I finally got my shipment of 512 MB RAMBUS PC800 45ns. I bought two since I know they must be put in pairs. Now when I start up my computer it says the two RAM are unsupported. The ones I have currently are 256 MB RAMBUS PC800 40ns. So I really do not understand why it is not working with this comp I mean the ones I bought are faster. Any help?

No sadly. There are from Elpida. The orginal modules I have are Samsung and for some reason they sent me Elpida instead of the samsungs but then again in the order it did say either or. Also how do I go about upgrading BIOS. I looked into this over google but didnt find any answers.

hmm, which Motherbvoard you have? as if you are using Asus / Gigabyte or some other reputable vendor, then it will be easier for you to flash BIOS over internet in WIndow Mode, else its slightly complex and dangerous to update BIOS without having any prior knowledge. better is to see some computer vendor in nearby shop who can help you out.

if you can return the DIMMS for replacement to Samsung, then it is recommended.

Red Faction and everyone else,
I am currently using 128Mb PC800 40ns RDRAM(2 x 64Mb). I want to upgrade, but I found out that it's hard to find RDRAM with 40ns. Most of them in the market are -45. Somebody told me that the -40 and -45 can't work together, even when my motherboard have a dual channel and each of them are paired at a different channel. Have you find a solution to this problem?

Holy crap if you are right then I should just pop in my new ram and thats it. I thought about putting them in alone without the other RDRAM but I got too lazy to do it and said to myself that the ECC was the problem. Though I don't understand how my board isnt ECC compatible when most of the RDRAM is ECC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom