Rate this Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father has a business account with DHL and he used to get packages sent express from Seattle, WA to Panama and they would arrive within a couple of days. I had one of our employees in Seattle send me something last month and DHL wouldn't even take it unless customs forms were filled out. Does that sound right? I mean what is there to claim..it wasn't anything but a couple of discs and documents.

Also, my grandparents wanted to send me a similar package from Florida but couldn't find an open DHL office in their area, so they went to the USPS and they express mailed it without having to fill out any forms. Cost about $27 though.

I still don't understand how the whole claim system works, I wouldn't imagine that it differs between companies?

Sorry for the late reply...

The prices are converted to Dollars and the conversion rate is 1$=AED3.675...

I usually manage to get something close to $100 off the final price of the full computer which does reduce the prices in comparison after some minor price reduction of about 5-10% on each components. But this only happens when you have the money jingling in the wallet which proves that you're a serious buyer who's surely buying...when you can do some serious bargaining...

The memories were the extreme editions...not sure about the corsair one but the OCZ one was a reaper version...

Getting ripped off on components is kinda normal here...I always get ripped off my camera equipment...I pay 25% more here just to get local warranty....

Btw they charge 5% on total bill here as import charge or something....they do that on camera equipment so I suppose the same applies on computers...so that small amount of saving is not really saved....really sucks...these delivery charges and tax is a huge pain!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom