Random stuff. Gtx 970 fun too

Pp is actually 100% accurate in his statement it's why nvidia developed DSR. I am hanging on to 1080p until the next Gen resolution is decided I won't go sli 980 I won't get a new card unless performance is huge but I feel the next batch of cards are going to make leaps in performance at 1440p and 4k 1080p results will be tight I think. I am glad I switched from my 780ti to the 980 great performance increase at 1080p but at 4k these cards are neck a neck in sli.

Idk guys I probably would have just gotten a second 780ti had I known about the vram issue from the get go (not that that's the only false info) I just assumed I was getting one full extra GB of video memory to help with my new 1440p monitor. I'm not horribly disappointed in performance I feel more like I got married and then a week later my wife tells me she has herpes. Its that kinda..."well damn" feeling

You still have 4GB of VRAM, and I'm 100% absolutely certain nobody would have "issues" if it wasn't brought up by somebody running a memory purpose benchmark. At 1440p the 780ti is faster than a 970, so 2 780ti would be faster than 2 970s. I do believe that we had that conversation before. Your opportune upgrade would have been to 980s, or simply stick with 780ti and go SLI.

I'm starting to think 99% of the complainers don't really understand how it works, and why most if not all aren't seeing any real issues with the VRAM setup. The only thing that actually disappointed me in this whole ordeal was the actual spec cover up. I admit they came clean but still. That was total ********. In the end though, the GTX 970 for it's pricepoint is a ****ing BEAST of a card and I don't think anybody getting 100+ FPS in 1080p SLI for 600 bucks should be complaining. On that note, before this happened NONE of the reviewers saw any issues or mentioned of anything weird, and neither did I when testing one myself. Hell, my friend still hasn't picked up his machine and I've been playing with it to purposely find some sort of 'noticeable' flaw without looking at numbers and graphs. If it wasn't for me personally having one here to mess with I wouldn't comment or argue on it so much but since I do I've tried my hardest to get it to show any real problems that others claim.

Poizen @ 4k 980s fall flat on their faces I'm afraid.

My purchase decision was pretty Much based on the fact that I sold my 780ti for more than the price of a 970 and second 970 was cheaper than a 780ti I could find on eBay. On top of that my case is crap for airflow and 2 780ti would have been hard to cool. I knew overall a 780ti is overall a better performer. I'm not saying the card is crap by any means. Simply saying I'm disappointed that I was lied to. And in a dual config with settings cranked I'm almost positive I would have a better experience without the memory issue.

I remember considering the same thing the discussion we had about my terrible PSU made me want to get a single 980 wrather than sli 780ti's or sli 970's. I lucked out and sold my 780ti and i5 4670k bundled together for 600$ that paid for my 980. How ever friend of mine was dumping one of his sli 980 cards and sold me his evga for 500 Canadian(400 ish US$) so I came out ahead. the decision to go 980 was the right one I feel.

My purchase decision was pretty Much based on the fact that I sold my 780ti for more than the price of a 970 and second 970 was cheaper than a 780ti I could find on eBay. On top of that my case is crap for airflow and 2 780ti would have been hard to cool. I knew overall a 780ti is overall a better performer. I'm not saying the card is crap by any means. Simply saying I'm disappointed that I was lied to. And in a dual config with settings cranked I'm almost positive I would have a better experience without the memory issue.
Then why am I having the same stutter issues with 980s? Trust me, it isn't VRAM.

I remember considering the same thing the discussion we had about my terrible PSU made me want to get a single 980 wrather than sli 780ti's or sli 970's. I lucked out and sold my 780ti and i5 4670k bundled together for 600$ that paid for my 980. How ever friend of mine was dumping one of his sli 980 cards and sold me his evga for 500 Canadian(400 ish US$) so I came out ahead. the decision to go 980 was the right one I feel.
Yea you got a steal man. Now you just need another :lol:

Back
Top Bottom