Ram Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

etch

Baseband Member
hey guys, i need to ask for your advice, i am upgrading my memory and i was just wondering if you guys could enlighten me on some specs like do i want buffered or unbuffered and what ECC is all about? and after that could anyone suggest me some value memory (1 stick of gb) none of that OC Xtreme memory, im not that hardcore. just reg. mem is fine. i hear Corsair makes the best memory but thats subjective i guess?

That's what I'm doing...I've heard Corsair is good. I would suggest (If possible) to get 2x512MB in dual channel.

etch said:
hey guys, i need to ask for your advice, i am upgrading my memory and i was just wondering if you guys could enlighten me on some specs like do i want buffered or unbuffered and what ECC is all about? and after that could anyone suggest me some value memory (1 stick of gb) none of that OC Xtreme memory, im not that hardcore. just reg. mem is fine. i hear Corsair makes the best memory but thats subjective i guess?

you dont need ECC, thats used in servers, go with unbuffered ram. corsair valueselect is some very good ram.

thanks a lot guys, but i think im going with the Corsair Value Select 1GB kit 2x512 @ PC2 4200. i appreciate the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom