Ram upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright thank you and yes you assumed right because the motherboard I have only has 2 ram slots and I cannot afford a decent motherboard right now so I'm upgrading this one then moving over to another mobo and after that I'm upgrading to a hex core i7

maybe this will help

JjyC8ORK

if you need more let me know, sorry this was taken with my ipad, i was in a hurry

The majority of LGA 775 motherboards use DDR2, so still not sure you'd be able to use the RAM now.
Take a pic of the Mainboard and Memory tabs when you get a chance.

Also sounds like you're trying to upgrade in steps, RAM then motherboard then CPU.
Your current CPU won't work in a motherboard that is compatible with an i7 hex, and the RAM is still in question.

Best bet is to probably just wait and save, the longer you hold out the more likely you'll get a better price.

Aren't i7 hex cores worse for gaming than the quads? I was told that the i7 2600K was better for gaming than the hex's purely because of architecture differences between 1155 and 1366 (1155 being more gaming friendly, 1366 more number cruncher).

So .. maybe OP should take this into account when deciding what to buy too, it certainly influenced my uninformed opinion ^^

You're right but since he never said what he was doing I thought I'd throw in my tuppence. I know nothing about 2011 personally but thanks for correcting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom