RAM Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I have just upgraded my processor from a celeron 1.6Ghz to a pentium dual core 2.2 Ghz but I haven't recieved my RAM yet as it is on order from the suppliers. My PC was always freezing before I upgraded my cpu saying not responding all the time but now I have a new cpu in it, it has stopped saying not responding but as it still only has half a gig of RAM in it it is taking ages to do anything so the improvement is there but not great and my pc still does my head in. I have ordered 2 gig of RAM as Sandra says that my MOBO will accept that much my mobo is a foxconn 45gm/45cm. The foxconn website says that a 45gm mobo will accept 4gb ram so does this mean that my mobo will accpt 4gb of ram, and is sandra sis wrong on this point? Also if my mobo will only accept 2gb of ram and i was to put 4gb in what would happen? MY mobo has 2 expansion slots for ram so if I bought 2 x 2gb ram sticks would i just be able to put 2 gb of ram in one slot to pugrade to its potential and would it work alright like that?

Hope you guys can help me, I have another question which I will post in a minute!:nerd:

If it cannot use 2x2gb then it would not post and not work.

Is this a system you built or a prebuilt.
If it is a prebuilt what company and model is it?

If it cannot use 2x2gb then it would not post and not work.

Is this a system you built or a prebuilt.
If it is a prebuilt what company and model is it?

it is a e system bought from pc world uk. in sandra it comes back as DIXONSXP Ei107, but if you type that in you get nothing back from the web search.

A thing which may be of use for you is if I go into my bios and go to Powermanagment set up and then go to HPET modee I can chang it from 32 bit to 64 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom