Ram speed and Ryzen

mikee

Fully Optimized
In another week or two I will be building a new system with these parts.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dnHZTH
I will be reusing all my hard drives and graphics card as well. what I am wondering is how important is the speed of ram with regards to the ryzen platform? I really don't want to go over 600$ on the build and stuck with the DDR4 2400. Also I have heard in the past that ryzen is very picky with what ram it will accept. Will there be a very noticable performance hit with using the slower ram?

No you won't at all. I guess I need to get off my *** and update the CPU thread now that Ryzen is here.

All the reviews and talk on the net making the 1080p performance to seem so "bad" is basically all fud. The main difference really is 10% at best, or about 10fps. I've now build 2 Ryzen rigs with 2400 RAM and they both performed well at 1080p. One with a TItan X, another with a 1080. Pretty much everything was well over 100fps which when you get that high 10fps isn't gonna be missed.

So if I carry over my current GPU would I see the same or better performance in games as on this computer? Games like GTA V and Beamng really hammer the cpu which I guess might be reducing my framerate from what it could be. Of course down the road maybe next year when the 11 series comes out I may update my graphics card

Back
Top Bottom