RAM Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwuarre

Baseband Member
I have 512mb ram and im making a new computer in a few months. Im not even gonna pretend like I know anything about computer stuff so I need some answers. 1st I wanted to know if it was worth buying the Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail I was going to put them in my new computer ahead of time, or should I just wait. I also wanted to know if the ram is even compatible at all with the computer I have now. If I think of anything else ill ask.
If you need to know anything about the computer I have now im probably gonna need help finding out what it is.

Those RAM's are good. To check and see if your RAM is compatible with the one you have linked up there, open up your case and take out the RAM. Touch metal before you touch the RAM due to some static issues. Look at the manufacturer's sticker and see what model it is. It should say PCxxxx (X is representing the model number [I.E.: PC5300]).

Yes you could do that OR you could just download a program called CPU-Z and look at your mainboard/mem and see if its compatible if your not comfortable with opening up the case/want to save some time.

mem.jpg

Motherboard.jpg

Thats because YOU recommended it to me a while back. I wanted to know if there isnt anything wrong with buying ahead of time and puting it in the computer I have now then swapping with the new computer once I get it.

Why keep it in the box, when he can use it now, with his current computer. That way he can test, that it works, before he gets his new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom