Ram Question Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need Help

Beta member
First off i didnt' know where to post this hope this is the right place.

I have upgraded my ram by following the Crucial site my pc can hold up to 2 GB and i couldn't afford 2Gigs so i just got one for now. I took out the old 256 and replace with new one after starting back up i check the BIOS and it showed the new ram, and after booting up i check my computer under system properties and it shows 0.99 now. Is this normal, and if so why doesn't my Local Disk show the new ram it still shows the free space and total space of the old 256 of ram i took out.? thanks in advance.

it sounds like your pc is recognizing the ram upgrade, but what you see labeled as "local disk" isn't your ram, that's your hdd.

upgrading your ram doesn't affect how much free space/used space is available on your hdd.

it sounds like your pc is recognizing the ram upgrade, but what you see labeled as "local disk" isn't your ram, that's your hdd.

upgrading your ram doesn't affect how much free space/used space is available on your hdd.

Aww i see... so is there a way i can get more space on my hdd or no? As i am running a little low, i know i can delete/uninstall some programs but i wouldn't want to. I do cleaning on the pc alot as with programs and the system utilities but it doesn't really clean off to much space.

If you don't want to delete anything from the HDD then no, there's not really any way to free up space. Like Fat.Clown said, just buy another one. You could get a 1TB drive for $60 a couple days ago, you can still get a 320GB drive for $40 from newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom