Ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kblueboi

Baseband Member
I'm thinking of upgrading the RAM on my computer from 512 to 1024. I have a Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz.

1) Will that extra RAM make a noticeable difference?

2) I noticed that there were different types of RAM. How can I find out what type of RAM I need? I looked under device manager, but it wasn't listed.

Installing more RAM is the best thing you can do to speed up your computer. If you have a custom built, you will have to look at the stick of RAM you have now. If it is from a mfgr (i.e., Dell, etc.), you can go to Kingston.com, or Crutial.com and go thru their process to find the correct one.

yes getting more RAM helps big time and to find your info about your RAM you could get the program called everrest and it will tell you the specs of your RAM and your whole computer.

no i thing u should make a new build, Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz is an ancient cpu. and not give u a good performance.

maroon1 said:
no i thing u should make a new build, Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz is an ancient cpu. and not give u a good performance.
Thats also true, you should get a new cpu if you have enough money. The best RAM i think is crucial and kingston.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by maroon1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If P4 1.6 is ancient, then my (in sig) is prehistorical or something. But once I used 64 MB RAM with the same board and CPU, and improvement in performance was awsomeafter I upgraded to 448, I moved to XP, and it still holds relatively fast. I've also upgraded a lot of stuff since then, but with crappy CPU it impossible to get really good performance.

And for botom line: the more RAM - the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom