Ram Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liveyman

Solid State Member
I am new to this forum. I am looking to upgrade my RAM. I have a Pentium 4 2.4mhz processor on an Asus P4S533-E motherboard. My graphics card is an eVGA Nvidia GeForce 6200 AGP. I am currently only running with 512mb of RAM. My motherboard will accept up to 3 gigs. I am an avid gamer, but just recently got back into PC gaming. I am currently playing a couple of different MMO's. My question is, how much ram should I be running? I know some of you would say to just buy 3 gigs, but would I really notice that much difference? I am pretty sure my bottle neck is currently my RAM, so I know I need at least a gig. I was also wondering which memory you guys perfer? I am limited a little because of the age of my computer. I can't run the really fast stuff. I have been looking at Crucial. I found a stick of PC-3200 that their site says will work with my motherboard (CT12864Z40 ). Most other brands only offer PC-2700 that is compatible with my system. I'm a bit of a novice when it cimes to RAM, so i'm not sure how much better the 3200 would be if any. Let me know your opinions.

1 gig is more or less standard, 2 gigs if you can afford it is even better. And yes you will notice quite a difference.

As for ram compatibility, if your board supports pc3200 speeds, then all pc3200 RAM should work. I'm not familiar with that particular model, so can't comment too much.

If you are going to be running BF2, 2 gigs because it requires 1.2 gigs to run properly on good settings. So, to be prepared for the future, you might as well adopty the 2 gig ram standard teh BF2 is now demanding. Memory is dirt cheap andyway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom