Ram Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transerver

In Runtime
I've asked this question before but the person wasn't sure :/ But here's the thing, I heard that if I buy faster memory than what my mobo can support, it will underclock the memory and if that is true then I could buy ram and use it on my current rig but when I build a new one, I could also move it to that one. Is that true, that the memory just under clocks? Like if my current mobo only supports up to DDR2 533 and I put in 2GB of DDR2 800, it will work?

Another thing question, does ram like these require more juice to run which would mean I would have to up the mem voltage in the bios?

OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper HPC Edition

I'm not sure if it will downclock right away, but you could probably put it up to it's stock speed, through the BIOS.

They don't necessarily require more juice, unless you're really overclocking them. Just set them at manufacturer's spec, which for that set, is 2.1v

Agreed with peter, on getting the Ballistix instead.

Yeah the thing is, I like buying all my parts at the store since I can return then quickly if I don't like them or if they don't work. I'm pretty limited on selection
but here are some that go on sale frequently at the store I buy my parts from, which would be best out of the selection? I only see the budget Crucials so I guess I'd choose from these.

well there's that reaper one and
Welcome to Corsair :: XMS2 Product Information
OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Special Ops Edition
OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel
Patriot Memory - Products

They're the chips used to make the memory, and are supposedly really good overclockers. High quality too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom