RAM,Power Supply,GFX Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helps

Beta member
My Specs: View sOgXRe.png on ScreenSnapr

I want to be able to play the Witcher 2 & other upcoming new games.

This is what I was looking to buy. Would this work for my computer? How many FPS could I get with the witcher 2 on max settings?Is there a cheaper way I can go but get the same results , if so could you link me to other places? Not sure if this is the right section or not.

Power Supply:
here

RAM(2): here

GFX Card: here

Thank you

You definately don't need 800W. 550 w would be plenty.

According to my search, i found the 560 has 4Gig already, if true, you don't need anymore.

The biggest concern is overheating... The case isn't the best for airflow.

You definately don't need 800W. 550 w would be plenty.

According to my search, i found the 560 has 4Gig already, if true, you don't need anymore.

The biggest concern is overheating... The case isn't the best for airflow.

Thanks for the responds. I found a 600w power supply which I just updated in main post. Would that GFX card be able to run the Witcher 2 well ? If not could you link me to a GFX card that could ? $150 and lower if possible.

Lol. 800W? Seriously? I run an overclocked HD6990 from XFX with a GX750W from Cooler Master. Works with no problems. Don't waste your money on PSU. get what you need, not whats the best out there. Besides, in a few years you're probably going to scrap your current PSU and get a new one, so why waste your money?

Also, if you aren't on a strict budget, getting a Earthwatts 650W PSU by Antec should lower your expenditure in that area, which gives you a chance at getting a better case. i recommend the HAF922. I use it, and believe me, the 200mm fans and the option for 2 x 120mm fans on the side does the trick :). No worries for airflow. If you are not able to get the HAF922, then go for at least a Coolermaster CM690. it has adequate airflow for your GPU.

I assume you are not putting your Case out in the sun, as that would be ridiculous anyway. Honestly, don't worry about airflow too much, the 560s will not generate as much heat as the HD6990. Even then my HD6990 does not go over 60 celcius in the summer.

Happy building!

Lol. 800W? Seriously? I run an overclocked HD6990 from XFX with a GX750W from Cooler Master. Works with no problems. Don't waste your money on PSU. get what you need, not whats the best out there. Besides, in a few years you're probably going to scrap your current PSU and get a new one, so why waste your money?

Also, if you aren't on a strict budget, getting a Earthwatts 650W PSU by Antec should lower your expenditure in that area, which gives you a chance at getting a better case. i recommend the HAF922. I use it, and believe me, the 200mm fans and the option for 2 x 120mm fans on the side does the trick :). No worries for airflow. If you are not able to get the HAF922, then go for at least a Coolermaster CM690. it has adequate airflow for your GPU.

I assume you are not putting your Case out in the sun, as that would be ridiculous anyway. Honestly, don't worry about airflow too much, the 560s will not generate as much heat as the HD6990. Even then my HD6990 does not go over 60 celcius in the summer.

Happy building!

Thank you for your reply on the power supply. Do you have any suggestions on a GFX card ?

After doing more searching........ I havce a big question.... Is this a full size case, or smaller case?

Despite what TSS says, airflow is extremely important. Theres a huge difference between the cases he, and the standard dell cases.

One other question... does it have to be Amazon?
Usually newegg.com is usually a better place to get deals.

I'd do this from newegg
Newegg.com - HIS H685F1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom