Ram Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnkellSam

Beta member
Hi,

I understand the difference between DD2 RAM speeds, But I have two options and I'd like to know which would be more preferrable.

I have 2 1GB sticks of 800Mhz ram
and 4 1GB sticks of 533Mhz ram.

I'm going to be running these with a core 2 duo E6600 and I am planning to overclock to about 3.6-3.8ghz.

Now which option would make applications and windows vista run smoother, the 4 gigs of 533 ram or 2 gigs of 800 ram?

If anyone knows of any benchmarks that have been done making a similar comparison, I would find that to be very useful.

Thanks.

The 2x1gb DDR2-800, will run better, because it's a bit faster. And that speed is good for overclocking. With DDR2-533, you won't get as far in overclocking, compared to DDR2-800.

OK, I understand what you are saying,
but why do some people/sites, such as Legit Reviews - $185 Gaming CPU's: AMD 5600+ Versus Intel E6300 - AMD Versus Intel at the $185 Price Point,
run 4G of high performance RAM for testing, even with XP?

Many people seem to run 4G. Are they all wrong?

Reading my sig says OCZ, I started with XMS2 2x1G PC-6400C4.
It bit the dust, both sticks. Had to go to the local shop to get mem to keep running while wating for RMA.
Corsair is sending me new ones and I have been thinking of putting them in along side the OCZ and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom