RAM/Motherboard Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

DracoRedux

Baseband Member
Greetings, everyone. I am new here. I had a question about RAM. I bought some RAM and found out that clock speed was not the only variable. So, I had a tech from the computer store send me a compatibility list with the model numbers for my P67 mobo found here: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-p67a-ud3p-b3.pdf

I found some inconsistencies by 1 or 2 alphanumerics. For instance, one of them is a 4GB stick by Corsair found here: Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M1A1600C7

Compare the model number to the one in the list : CMX6GX3M3A1600C9

Is the difference between them a newer model? Are they completely different? If so, why can't I find any of the list on newegg?

Thank you in advance for reading this post. I appreciate your time and consideration.

-Draco

*Update* After some research, I discovered that the RAM I bought is compatible with my motherboard, but the bios had to be updated before it would recognize it. Kudos to the techs at the computer store who didnt know what they were doing. Now, I can post my build. :)

-Draco

I am mobile at the moment and cannot edit posts. I'll try again.

Antec 1200 Case
GIGABYTE P67A Motherboard
i7 2600 CPU (not the k because I don't OC)
G. Skill 8GB DDR3 2133 Memory
Nvidia GTX 460 Graphics Card
Corsair 750w PSU
Generic wireless mouse and keyboard fom logitech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom