Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
G.Skill or Geil, both are around same price so which one is better?
oh and... im about to purchase a DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra D and it says it supports DXG, is this the exact same thing as SLI?

thanks

DXG Question

SLI picking up speed.
By Benoît Leterme: (CET)

SLI is now part of the present, major companies are throwing their products on the market, all supporting the new SLI technology.

SLI™ (Scalable Link Interface) and DXG™ (Dual Xpress Graphics) Technologies
Based on the nForce 4 SLI chipset, the new LANParty NF4 SLI-DR motherboard is DFIÂ’s first to fully support NVIDIAÂ’s new SLI technology in the signature LANParty package. Delivering almost twice the performance of a single GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) configuration, SLI brings more graphics realism to desktop PCs than any other technologies. The multiple GPU support of SLI takes advantage of the increased PCI-Express bandwidth and enables DFIÂ’s new motherboard to support two identical PCI-Express video cards simultaneously using a bridge connector. Seamlessly operating in parallel, the new LANParty motherboard provides the perfect solution for real time rendering, complex video processing or intensive game play.

Similarly, the nForce 4 Ultra chipset based LANPartyUT NF4 Ultra-D motherboard supports dual display cards to deliver the ultimate graphics experience. DFIÂ’s proprietary DXG (Dual Xpress Graphics) Technology benefits from the multiple PCI-Express lanes the chipset supports, using the 16x and 2x configurations, to allow for versatile graphics support and utmost future-proof upgrade ability.

All that except the doubled power of video... That's a load. It gives maybe a 40-50% increase in power.

As far as ram goes, get which one has a better timing. If you're only asking about brands, I've never dealt with either, but I think G.Skill is becoming popular around here. Reliable.

Ryan

alright well i found a better solution, OCZ value for $130.
I didnt want to create a new thread and have some other questions:

Should i go with a:

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra D Motherboard $209
or a:
ASUS S939 A8N SLI Deluxe Motherboard $240

and a jump from a AMD 3500 Venice to a 3700 San Diago, is it big?

thanks

the processor jump isn't big unless you're overclocking. There's a lot of room for overclocking the 3700+ but not as much with the 3500+. The 3700+ has a 1mb L2 cache. The 3500+ has 512kb L2 cache. So, in conclusion, if you're not doing any overclocking, go ahead and get the 3500+. If you are overclocking, I'd choose either the 3200+ or the 3700+.

Ryan

sweet well im going to go with the 3700 and skimp out on a hdtv and sound card. lol.
what about th motherboards? im guessing ud go with asus, form looking at ur specs.
thanks

That's my video card. :) I'd suggest the MSI K8N Neo4-F. I have a crappy ECS. I'm planning on upgradnig to the MSI I just told you would be a good buy. It's only 70 bucks on newegg right now!

Ryan

HAHA sorry i didn't even notice that. So what motherboard are you using? I'm kind of getting over using a DFI Lanparty because of the price, and because i do not plan to overclocking. I live in Australia, and well Newegg do not offer internation shipping which sucks. I'll see what prices are around for the motherboard you suggesed and get back to you. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom