Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the bios you increase the volts to it, but you have to have a motherboard that supports doing this. and ram that can handle the abuse per say.

in the bios you increase the volts to it, but you have to have a motherboard that supports doing this. and ram that can handle the abuse per say.

i'm sorry but i have to correct you on that. increasing the voltage on its own will only increase heat output and unnecessarily shorten the life of the memory.

you should probably repost this in the overclocking section.

basically the memory speed is tied to the processors FSB so you should do some research and learn to understand overclocking in general.

yeah my bad nitestick i didnt mean volts lol, my mobo has to many options. i increase it along with fsb and it works good if you keep it cool like i manage. ive also increased the volts to the cpu, risky stuff if you dont know what your doing. good catch tho.

Plz reserch a little before doing anything it sounds like you dont know much about what your doing.Umm you would raise your FSB and lower your Ram to about 166mhz (if your ram isnt the best).Just research and read up.There are many tutorials about OCing on TF.Some time I dont even raise volts on ram and raise the CPu barely.Its matters if it becomes unstable then I would raise it.
Just read!

can an admin please move this post to the other section .. I will link the spec for my computer

Motherboard - EPoX EP-9NDA3+ Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra

RAM - CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester 2000MHz HT Socket 939

Power Supply - Antec Neo HE 550-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply Neo HE 550

well It isn't that I don't know anything about what I am doing since I build my own computers .. it is just I learn 1 thing at a time ... I have read a little here and there but I have always found the best help I get is from people who have made the mistakes ... tried different things and know the do's and don'ts to doing things... I haven't read a website with a more rounded knowledge base then TF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom